DBES Celebrates Florida Literacy Week 2015 (January 26th - 30th)
- Florida Literacy Week is upon us at DBES. On Monday, January 26, 2015, we will kick off the week with the Million Minute Marathon and ask all of the students in our school to read for an additional 20+ minutes during the day (beyond regular school work) in celebration of literacy. With all of our students reading an additional 20 minutes, we will help our state surpass its goal of 36 million minutes! Some other activities the students will participate in this week are:
- Buddy Reading in the Reading Oasis - Each intermediate class has paired up with a primary class to read with in our Reading Oasis.
- Guess How Many Books in the Library - Every class will visit the library and estimate how many books are on all of the shelves.
- Design a Bookmark Contest - A flyer will be sent home with the directions for designing a bookmark for reading. One winner will be chosen from each grade level. The winning bookmarks will be printed on tag-board and given to each child in the winner's grade level on the Snowy Day Read -In.
What is your family going to do this week to Celebrate Literacy?
K-12 Public Library Assistant
CLICK HERE for information on services offered by the public library
SCHOOL PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY REPORT (SPAR)
CLICK HERE for more information
2014-15 Annual Customer Survey
CLICK HERE for FAQ's
CLICK HERE for more information/flyer
- DBES parents, please take 10 minutes out of your day to please provide us valuable feedback on your child's school and education. We strive to provide all of our students with a high-quality education that best prepares them for success in college and careers. I would like to personally invite you to participate in our Annual Survey for parents, which allows you to quickly and easily share your opinions and ideas about our school.
- Your input is important. The survey provides us with valuable feedback in areas such as student support, school safety, high-quality instruction and technology, to help us continually improve your child's educational experiences.
- The survey is available online and takes just a few minutes to complete. You can access it from the District's website, browardschools.com, using your computer, laptop or tablet. Just click on the Annual Survey icon. You will need your child's student ID number and birth date to access the survey. If you do not have your child's student ID number (which is printed on school report cards) or if you do not have internet access at home, please call [insert contact information] and we can assist you.
- The survey [will be/is] available from January 5 to February 13th, 2015. You can view the results of previous surveys at http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/sar/.
- Your opinions matter. Thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in this important survey for Deerfield Beach Elementary and for partnering with us in your child's education.
RISE for Boys info
RISE for BOYS moved to Thursday
RISE group for boys will be moved to Thursdays from 2pm to 3pm the next few weeks to accommodate the young men who need to attend academic camp on Monday and Tuesday afternoons.
- Your input matters to us. Please take a few minutes to participate in our Annual Survey for parents. To access the survey, click here or visit the Districtís website, and click on the Annual Survey icon. The survey takes place from January 5 through January 30, 2015, and is your opportunity to share your opinions and ideas about your childís educational experience at Deerfield Beach Elementary School.
- To access the survey, you will need your childís student ID number and date of birth. If you do not have your childís student ID number (which is printed on school report cards) or if you do not have internet access at home, please call 754-322-6100 and we can assist you.
- Thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in this important survey and for partnering with us in your childís education.